If you have a custom page layout inside a database, how can you turn that page layout into a new database template?
In this article, I’ll show you exactly how to do that.
Here are the quick steps to accomplish this:
- Ensure your database is unlocked - How to Unlock Notion Databases.
- Create a new database template and give it a unique name
- Duplicate your customized page within your database
- Use the Move To option to move your duplicated page into the newly-created database template
- Edit your database template to view its page content
- Right-click the moved page duplicate and use Turn Into to turn it into a Heading 1
- Your page content will now be right inside the template, with any multi-column layout choices preserved. Delete the actual Heading 1 block.
- In each Linked Database, update any filters that pointed to the original database page so that they point to the new template instead.